In my area in MN, the timing of beekeeping events look something like this:
- hive package bees between mid-late April
- feed packages through mid-May, when first nectar becomes available (usually dandelions)
- main nectar flow runs approx mid-June through mid-August
- harvest honey late-August
- finish winter feeding by mid-Sept (if needed)
- cover hives for winter around Thanksgiving
Is there one main nectar flow, or several? I realize this can vary by specific location.
Anything you can share would be helpful ... I'm trying to understand if I'll have time to establish hives in Boulder area when I move this year, or if I'll need to wait til next year.
Thanks in advance!