I'm looking for bees to start my top down hive

Discussion and questions.
backcountrygg

I'm looking for bees to start my top down hive

Post by backcountrygg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi there,

I just recently purchased a Golden Mean top down hive. I'd like to find a swarm soon (as it's swarming season now) or if no luck there, find someone who can sell me local bees and a queen (not mass produced). I'm really hoping to assist in local diversity of the honey bee and thus, hope to find someone around me who either breeds their bees in a natural way or can find a swarm to collect and bring home.

I live in east boulder (Heatherwood neighborhood) and I'm willing to help someone split their hive. Or just call me and I'll come collect your swarm! I have a great home set up for them, and don't use herbicides.

Please let me know if you're able/willing to help me!

Cheers,

Ghia
303-253-4765
[email protected]

backcountrygg

Re: I'm looking for bees to start my top down hive

Post by backcountrygg » Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 am

I'm still looking for a swarm or a 3 lb package if bees :)

Backyard Bees

Post by Backyard Bees » Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 am

Hi, Ghia.

• Check the Classifieds section of this forum.

• Let the folks in your personal network know you're seeking a swarm so they can call you if/when they hear about one.

• The BCBA maintains a swarm list. It's for dues paying members and you have to sign up in person at the February or March meeting.

• Sign up to receive email via BCBA's discussion list to receive occasional swarm notifications and local beekeeping chat. ttp://www.bouldercountybeekeepers.org/email-lists/

Swarm-getting is a competitive activity this time of year. Good luck!
Backyard Bees
P.O. Box 7426
Boulder, Colorado 80306
http://www.BackyardBees.com

backcountrygg

Post by backcountrygg » Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks :) I've became a member with BCBA. I actually got a call for a swarm in Thorton, immediately drove out there and the swarm left before arriving. So, I'm still hoping to get one.

If anyone sees one, please keep me in mind. I'm excited to get our hive started.

Cheers!
303-253-4765