When is the next honey flow, did I miss it?

Discussion and questions.
Bee and Flower

When is the next honey flow, did I miss it?

Post by Bee and Flower » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:37 pm

I have three very strong backyard hives this year. I lost my only two last year due to the weird weather. I put a full medium box of honey on each hive when I installed my new packages this year. It was left over from last year's hives. Going into the hives today I noticed plenty of bees and brood but no additional honey (still one medium honey super per hive) other than what I started with in spring. Last year I had a lot more honey in the hives by this time. Did I miss a big honey flow or can I expect one more before October. My bees have plenty of room and drawn foundation for honey and brood. Thanks!

donstu

Re: When is the next honey flow, did I miss it?

Post by donstu » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:01 pm

This year seems like the bees are surviving, but not thriving.
Not much honey to harvest.
Maybe this is the new normal. When our environment is saturated with poison, this may be the best we can hope for.

Backyard Bees

Post by Backyard Bees » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:40 am

We had a strong flow in June and then things petered out.
Backyard Bees
P.O. Box 7426
Boulder, Colorado 80306
http://www.BackyardBees.com

sanimirza

Post by sanimirza » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:02 am

I know the Boulder extension will rent an extractor, I am hoping to locate someone with experience as well to help with the process.
Download high quality Testking 70-417 exam dumps to prepare and pass ccvp with tabor.edu dumps 640-911 Also get free demos of www.marygrove.edu for review of mcitp McDaniel College