Need a Helper? Want to Mentor?

Discussion and questions.
jodilynn

Need a Helper? Want to Mentor?

Post by jodilynn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 am

Hi All,

My paternal grandad used to have hives on his land. I remember two square, white structures and we weren't allowed to play near them or mess with them. Part of this was good beekeeping, another part was that in the same area, my grandpa had a moonshine still! (I didn't find that out til years later).

So, I've had a passing interest in beekeeping, but it wasn't feasible in Maryland, where I used to live. Not only was I in an apartment, but County regulations prohibited keeping backyard bees and it was very difficult to get into the beekeeping classes offered in another county.

Well, here I am. I've been in Longmont now for two weeks and love it. I signed up for the January beekeeping class and am very excited. But again, I am living in an apartment, so having a hive or two isn't feasible.

I was wondering if anyone in my vicinity would be willing to be a mentor and let me help with their hives or even perhaps when I get my footing let me have a hive or two on their land?
Eventually we plan on buying a place and I'll set up there, but in the meantime, if anyone is looking for a sturdy helpmate who is willing to learn and not afraid of the dirty work or heavy lifting, please let me know!

Thanks!

donstu

Re: Need a Helper? Want to Mentor?

Post by donstu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm

You might consider my program. See www.honeybeekeep.com and read about the mentor program. Contact me if you wish.

Welcome to Colorado. ... dons

robynschulze

Re: Need a Helper? Want to Mentor?

Post by robynschulze » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Jodilynn--I will be happy to help you out in the spring if you haven't found anyone else. I am also cutting back on my beekeeping, so I will have a place for keeping bees at a property on 115th, if the homeowners still want bees there. They are very nice people to work with.

You can email me at [email protected]