put your hives on my organic farm

Discussion and questions.
Erin Dreistadt

put your hives on my organic farm

Post by Erin Dreistadt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

We need a good beekeeper to put some hives on our Organic & Biodynamic farm. Natural beekeeping practices preferred. We have 19 acres cropped with flowers, berries, and every vegetable you can think of. Ease of access. Location 1 mi west of Longmont. Please email if interested and we can see if it would be a good fit. Thanks for keeping bees!

Queen Bee

Re: put your hives on my organic farm

Post by Queen Bee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:55 am

I am a newcomer to the craft of beekeeping and just finished the course offered by BCBA. I live in a townhome and keeping bees is prohibited but would like to get started with a couple of colonies. Perhaps you are looking for a more experienced beekeeper with more hives?

kelsiebell

Re: put your hives on my organic farm

Post by kelsiebell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello! Your post couldn't have come at a better time. I have a top bar hive in my backyard. I checked the colony this past Saturday and the hive is packed! I'm planning to split the hive into two colonies by the end of the month. The issue with that is that my backyard is not large enough to support two hives. I was just about to email local farms in the area to see if they'd be interested in housing them both. These are great bees that made it through our cold CO winter and have been super productive. If you haven't found someone already please feel free to call me (Kelsie) at 303-681-7876.