Help Splitting a Hive

Discussion and questions.
kelsiebell

Help Splitting a Hive

Post by kelsiebell » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi there! Would anyone with experience be willing to help me split my hive this week/weekend? I checked it for the first time since winter hit this past Saturday and it's packed! I'm thrilled that they've done so well over the winter and am now thinking that they'd like more space (I also want to prevent swarming if possible and keep the good, productive queen in the existing hive). I'd like to do this sometime this week or next weekend if possible. If you're up for it feel free to call me (Kelsie) at 303-681-7876.

Thanks in advance!

Kelsie

donstu

Re: Help Splitting a Hive

Post by donstu » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm

I have tried reaching you, but failed.
Weather Thursday is a maybe at this point for doing a split.
Please confirm with me if you want my help. Thanks ... dons 303-248-6677

YagersMom

Post by YagersMom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 pm

We have 10 acres just outside Longmont city limits by 75th. We would like to let some people put beehives on our property in exchange for a little honey. We are surrounded by hay pastures and are in the process of reseeding our large pasture. Let me know if you are interested! I know that bees do well here as my next door neighbor had a hive and we had a thriving population in our house wall! We also have several crabapple and apple trees. Lori (cell: 303-588-2442)

backcountrygg

Post by backcountrygg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 am

I am actually looking for a swarm or a split hive to start my first hive. Are you still needing help? Were you planning on keeping the other half or trying to find a home for them?

You can reach me at 303-253-4765
I'm in North-east boulder so not to far from you :)

ghia