I have a swarm for the taking comeone come all firsst one he

Discussion and questions.
GMerriam

I have a swarm for the taking comeone come all firsst one he

Post by GMerriam » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Shirley or anyone else. I have a large huve that has built its nest under neath the siding of my house. I am going to kill them because they are beginning to bulge the siding. Come and get them before I get the raid out. First one here gets them. I don't want to kill them and would rather someone make them into worker bees.
Last year I thought we had them when they all came out and covered a tree limb but apearently the mother hive still exists.
Greg Merriam

1204 Button Rock Drive
Longmont, Co 80504
303-776-7528 Voice
303-746-1214 Cell Phone

nelsonbees

Re: I have a swarm for the taking comeone come all firsst on

Post by nelsonbees » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 pm

I contacted Greg, and unfortunately, these bees are behind fragile aluminum siding that he doesn't want to disturb. So sadly, he will poison these bees and try to seal off the entrances, against my advise... Michael Johnson

nelsonbees

Post by nelsonbees » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:59 pm

I am willing and able to do bee removal, should anyone hear of a problem colony of bees. My number is 303-591-2884

Backyard Bees

Post by Backyard Bees » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Greg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Boulder County Beekeepers' Association. It sounds like there is an abundance of honeycomb between your siding and wall which will continue to pose a problem for you unless you get the colony professionally removed by someone who knows about bees. Left unattended by living bees, the honeycomb in your wall has the potential to collapse and damage your home (honey seeping into wall). This site will continue to be attractive to feral colonies who are drawn by the scent of honeycomb and wax. I recommend professional bee removal and then filling the cavity with expanding foam.

Here's a list of local beekeepers who do bee removals for a fee:

http://www.bouldercountybeekeepers.org/swarms/
Backyard Bees
P.O. Box 7426
Boulder, Colorado 80306
http://www.BackyardBees.com