Hive help and mentoring available

Bee stuff for sale, locations, help wanted, etc.
kristinahoney

Hive help and mentoring available

Post by kristinahoney » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:52 pm

BEEHAVE mentoring and hive support
Do you wish your bees would just Beehave? Do they wish the same of you?

I offer professional one-on-one hands-on mentoring and consulting services for you and your bees in your bee yard. There is a lot to learn right up front and there’s a huge gap between even the best books, websites, and classes and that box of 40,000 stinging insects in your backyard. Beekeeping is NOT for dummies!
Over 30 years ago I opened my first beehive and I was hooked. Since then I pursued a Master’s in honey bee behavior and genetics, worked for the USDA in Texas and Mexico with Africanized bees, varroa and tracheal mite research and for Kentucky and Washington State Universities on bee diseases. I’ve provided guidance to subsistence level beekeepers in rural Brazil and had my own combination mason bee honey bee pollination business in Washington. I currently manage about 75 hives in Boulder County for honey production and for fun! I can still sit in front of a hive and just watch for hours.
A few of the things I can help you with: hive inspection, bee biology, pheromones, queen skills, swarm prevention, splits, requeening, disease and parasite recognition and control, overwintering, seasonal management, lighting a smoker.
I look forward to working with you and your bees!
Cheers,
Kristina Williams
Beehave mentoring and hive support
Boulder, CO
720-278-6872 mobile/text
[email protected]