Experienced beekeeper looking for work

Bee stuff for sale, locations, help wanted, etc.
KelseyB

Experienced beekeeper looking for work

Post by KelseyB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi there,
I have just moved back to the states and I am looking for full time work based in the Boulder area. I have kept bees for 5 years and have been working as a commercial beekeeper in New Zealand for the past 3 years. Our operation consisted of 1400 units with 3 full time beekeepers. I have experience in general hive management, moving hives for pollination, queen rearing, pollen collection and cleaning, packaged bees for export, and honey extraction and packaging. The best way to reach me is by email. [email protected] Please let me know of any opportunities. Many thanks, Kelsey

Backyard Bees

Re: Experienced beekeeper looking for work

Post by Backyard Bees » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Welcome to Boulder, Kelsey. There's not much in the way of commercial beekeeping happening here in Boulder County but there may be other opportunities to get involved in local agriculture. Check out the Boulder County Farmers' Market if you haven't already. They sometimes hire seasonal staff.
Backyard Bees
P.O. Box 7426
Boulder, Colorado 80306
http://www.BackyardBees.com

KelseyB

Post by KelseyB » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. I will check out the markets.

msposato

Post by msposato » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Kelsey,
Pam above posted having room on her land and offering the land for someone to keep bees. Would you be interested in setting something up on her land together? I am a newer keeper, but have taken the boulder beekeeping class, and am pretty knowledgeable and eager to get into it!