These will soon be posted on the website.
Boulder County Beekeepers Association
Adopted March 9, 2004
Revised March 6, 2019
Any beekeeper or person interested in beekeeping may become a member upon payment of annual dues. Member dues will allow for family participation. Members who have paid dues may vote, one vote per membership.
The membership list and information is the property of the association, and can be used only for BCBA-related purposes. The list will not be shared with other organizations or individuals nor used for any commercial purpose.
1. The Association will hold a minimum of two meetings per year, as well as any regular program meetings the President may schedule. Ordinarily, a meeting is scheduled on the first Wednesday of the month.
2. A quorum for the transaction of business shall consist of 25 percent of members entitled to vote at the meeting. Actions can be taken if approved by a majority of members present and voting.
3. Notice of the two annual meetings shall be posted on the Association's website and reported in the newsletter at least one month in advance of the meeting in addition to other notice the president determines is fair and reasonable. Notice of other meetings and events shall be provided in a manner that the president determines is fair and reasonable.
III. The Executive Board
The Board shall consist of the 4 Officer positions and up to 3 additional members from the body at large, all of whom shall be elected annually. Nominations of candidates for the Officers and Board member positions will be taken from members at the meeting prior to the meeting at which the election will be held.
a. Officer Duties
1. The president shall call and preside at all meetings and shall perform all acts and duties of a presiding officer. The president shall act as an additional signatory on all bank accounts. The president shall also act as Registered Agent for the association as required by the Colorado Secretary of State.
2.. The vice-president, in the absence of the president, shall exercise all the functions of the president and be vested with all the president’s powers.
3.. The secretary shall a) have charge of all the records of the Association, b) keep a record of minutes of meetings, c) take attendance at business meetings if necessary, and d) make such reports and perform such other duties as are incidental to the office and properly required by the Association.
4 The treasurer shall a) Keep full and accurate accounts of all the financial transactions of the Association in records belonging to the Association, and deliver such records to a successor treasurer, b) maintain banking accounts in the name of the Association and receive and disburse funds in these accounts, c) sign as treasurer all checks and other financial transactions of the club with the exception of reimbursements to the treasurer which shall be signed by the President, d) maintain a complete list of paid members, their names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, and e) file all necessary government forms as required by state or federal law.
b. Board Duties
The Board will meet as necessary to ensure that the mission of the BCBA is met. This will include oversight of rules, business practices, meeting schedule, education and program meetings, outreach, social activities, member benefits, and chair committees. The Board will establish reasonable methods and rules of voting.
The Board may also maintain standards for the Board, such as reasonable attendance requirements.
1. The president shall appoint such committees as deemed necessary to carry on the Association's activities, including any standing committees deemed appropriate.
2. Each committee shall include at least two members in addition to its chairperson.
The Association may charge annual dues, the amount of which shall be approved by a majority of the membership voting at the meeting.
VII. Amendments to By-Laws
The Board of Directors can propose amendments to the by-laws, which shall be approved by a vote of no less than a majority of the members of the Association present and voting at the meeting. Notice of the proposed by-laws change must be provided to all members at least one month in advance of the meeting.
Events of interest to BCBA members.
1 post • Page 1 of 1